If you are a person interested in home cooking, you would probably have wondered about making some barbecue dishes on a pellet smoker. Pellet smokers can combine the elements from charcoal smokers, gas grills and kitchen overs. A combination of all these delivers you just the kind of dish you would expect from it. These days the pellet smokers have become so advanced that they have sensors and algorithms for the exact temperatures that you need. It is a different cooking experience altogether and can be used as a backyard cooking instrument.
- 1 4 Best Pellet Grills to Buy
- 2 The Final Say
- 3 Review of the 5 Top Rated Pellet Smokers 2020
- 4 Buying Guide
- 5 Size
- 6 How to Use Pellet Grills Perfectly?
4 Best Pellet Grills to Buy
Now that you know how to use the pellet grills, you would want to know about the different pellet smokers that offer the best facilities and features under a good price. Let’s see the best pellet smoker that you must consider buying.
REC TEC Wood Pellet Grills
REC as we know is one of the best brands when it comes to pellet grills. The REC TEC wood pellet grill is a good choice if you are buying it for the first time. The machine is quite easy to get used to and you wouldn’t face any hassles as of such. It has a large 702 square inches of total cooking area which provides ample space for a family lunch or a dinner.
Most of the times a pellet grill is used on holidays and many people join on these holidays. So it is always better if the grill is equipped with a good cooking space. The temperature range of the grill is from 180 to 500 degree which is quite sufficient for most of the use cases. The grill also has a large 40 pound capacity rear mounted pellet hopper.
You get a five degree increment control setting which is quite useful. There are stainless steel rod cooking grates that don’t catch rust and make the grill long lasting. The complete construction of the grill has been done in a steel powder coated manner which is probably the best way. There is also one interior light which lets you see what is inside, this is helpful in many use cases. Subsequently, these characteristics make it one of the best meat smokers for beginners.
- The temperature controller that is offered in the grill can be used to get the desired temperature with utmost precision. This is great for people who know about the technicalities and want to fine tune the temperature of the pellet grill.
- The hopper capacity of the grill is quite large which is quite useful. Also, emptying the hopper is quite easy as well. This is good for people who are getting started with a pellet hopper.
- The cooking capacity of the pellet grill is quite large which lets you cook for many people at once. It is a good advantage for all those who use it for holidays.
- Henceforth, it proves of be the best pallet grill for money.
- There is no pellet hopper release which can make things complicated sometimes. It would have been better if the grill had a hopper release.
- One of the major setbacks of this pellet grill is that the fire pot cannot be removed for cleaning. This can get in the way of maintaining a nice and tidy grill. You may try to clean it while it is attached but it would have been better if users would have given the ability for removing the fire pot.
Pit Boss Grills 340 Wood Pellet Grill
For those looking for a wood pellet grill under a good budget, the Pit Boss Grills is a strong contender. The grill makes it really easy to prepare and serve good quality finest wood fired food which so many people love. The cooking experience is also great in this pellet grill and you would enjoy both, preparing as well as eating the food on the Pit Boss Grills.
The grill uses all natural cooking grade wood barbecue pellets as a fuel. It doesn’t use gas, propane or charcoal which is a great way to prepare food. Some of the dishes that you can prepare using this pellet include steak, bake pizza, cookies and much more. You can let your imagination run and decide what you want to cook. The temperature can be set from anywhere between 180 degrees to 500 degrees. You have precise control over how you cook using this grill.
If you are seeking 100% natural wood pellet flavor from your food, nothing beats the Pit Boss. The machine is equipped with fan forced convection cooking which is quite great for retaining the meat juices. The grill is perfectly made for a small family who has a backyard and wishes to cook some wood pellet food. The Pros & Cons listed below will convince you how Pit Boss Girlls 340 manages to be the best smoker grill.
- The Pit Boss grill has a dial in digital control which lets you change the grill settings easily. Also, it has a led read out which you can see no matter how dark it is outside.
- It automatically starts and cools down which is a great feature since doing it all manually is tiresome and sometime we can’t do it on perfect timings.
- The grill has a heavy duty 16 gauge steel construction which ensures that it has a nice build quality.
- Due to its small size, you can move it easily and also it doesn’t occupy much of your space wherever you place it.
- The maintenance cost of the machine is a little higher compared to the other products in the similar category.
- The power consumption of the machine is also a bit high which can cause problems with the other equipments at home.
- The broiler side is decent, not quite impressive as the grilling side. If it was better, the cooking aspect of the pellet grill would have been flawless.
Camp Chef PG24 Pellet Grill
This Pellet grill by Camp Chef is made for people who are looking for a professional cooking experience. It is designed specially for people who want to take their barbecuing and grilling skills to the next level. Although it is completely great for amateur chefs but there are certain built in features that can be used for professional level cooking?
The process of cooking in the grill is extremely easy and you can get started without much hesitation. There is also a built in thermometer which will negate the guesswork that you would have to do in order to know the correct temperature. Such small features help those who are cooking in a great way. It is a little heavy but also provides adequate space for cooking.
There is a large 20 pound capacity Pellet Hooper so you don’t have to worry about the fuel being over before you are done cooking. The pellets are automatically dispatched throughout the cooking process which makes it easier to cook on it. Even cleaning the grill is quite simple as it comes with such features that make cleaning not only easy but less boring.
- There are digital controls which makes controlling the machine very easy. You can fine tune your settings to have the precise conditions for cooking.
- The pellets are efficiently used throughout the process so that you don’t run out of fuel in between your cooking. This also saves you money and electricity in the long run so this is a major advantage.
- It can get to as high temperatures that you would need in order to make the food you want.
- The cooking area is quite spacious and it offers a good amount of space to cook for many people at once.
- The price of the grill is bit on a higher side when compared to other grills of the same kind. Although it comes with some great built in features, the price is slightly high.
- The meat probe can sometimes give some errors which might result in problems in your cooking process.
Traeger BBQ155.01 Junior Tailgating Pellet Grill
Traeger is one of the most reputed brands in the pellet grill industry. If you are a fan of this brand, this grill is highly recommended as it won’t disappoint you in any respect. It has a large cooking area which is approximately around 300 square inches. A good cooking area is necessary in these kinds of products as they are used in cooking for many people at once.
It has a bronze lid finish which gives the grill a great look from the exterior side. It is designed in a way that makes cooking easier and also makes the machine look good. The fully automatic auger makes it more appealing to people who have newly started cooking on pellet grills. The Traeger has an electronic auto start which ensures less electricity consumption and also efficient cooking methods.
What win over most of the features is the state of the art digital controls which is astounding. Most of the people like the brand because it offers some of the best in class controls which help you in cooking with perfection. The taste of the food is said to be awesome after being cooked on this grill. This grill henceforth makes it to the list of best pallet smoker for money.
- The whole unit is quite easy to assemble and setup no matter if you are a veteran in grilling or just starting out. The construction of the grill is made in a way which lets you easily assemble it to start cooking.
- The large drip pan that is in the machine rarely catches fire which ensures safe cooking for you. The grease is also nicely channeled to the drip bucket.
- One of the biggest advantages of the machine is that it is very easy to clean which helps in maintaining good hygiene while cooking. Also, after every smoke session cleaning becomes very easy which takes up a lot of time on other grills.
- Customers have praised that the taste of the food is quite better when food is cooked in this Traeger grill.
- The maintenance cost of the machine is quite high and this makes it difficult for many to afford and sustain it.
- The fuel consumption is high so that will want you to spend more money every time you cook. This is a huge let down because affordability and maintenance is one of the prime priorities while choosing a pellet grill.
- The size of the grill on the inside is not as large as one would expect it to be. It is great for pork or chickens but fitting a whole turkey inside it will be very difficult so you need to keep that in mind while buying the grill.
The Final Say
These detailed and insightful reviews of some of the best pellet smokers must have helped you in deciding which one you need to buy. Of course, everyone has different preferences and you can make a decision on which features you would want. Weigh in your priorities, budget and you may finally come to the conclusion of which pellet smoker will fulfill your needs.
Review of the 5 Top Rated Pellet Smokers 2020
Traeger Grills Lil Tex Elite 22 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
- Perfect size for at-home cooking.
- 418 square inches of grilling space that can accommodate up to 16 burgers, 4 chickens, or 5 racks of ribs.
- The wheels make it easily movable.
If you don’t have a massive space to accommodate a pellet smoker at home, you can always go ahead with Traeger TFB42LZBC Grills Lil Tex Elite 22 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker. It comes along with a compact design. You can easily transport the product due to the presence of such a compact design.
Even if the exterior dimensions of Traeger TFB42LZBC Grills Lil Tex Elite 22 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker look compact, you will still be able to get a decent cooking space of around 418 square inches in this smoker. You will be able to get plenty of space to cook around 12 hamburgers or two whole chickens within that space. You will also be able to grill a fried pizza within the space.Check Price
Traeger Grills Texas Elite 34 Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
- Perfect size for at-home cooking.
- 646 square inches of grilling space that can accommodate up to 24 burgers, 6 chickens, or 9 racks of ribs.
- Roomy interior allows for cooking the whole meal at one time.
- The wheels make it movable while locking casters ensure it stays put when you park it.
People who wish to get even better cooking space will be able to settle down with Traeger Grills TFB65LZBC Texas Elite 34 Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker. In this smoker, you can get a cooking space of around 600 square inches. Therefore, you will notice that plenty of space is available for you to go ahead with pellet smoker.
There is an automated electric ignition available in Traeger Grills TFB65LZBC Texas Elite 34 Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker. It can provide a quick starting experience to you. In addition to that, you will also be able to find a simple dial, which can help you to maintain the overall temperature with ease.Check Price
Traeger Grills Select Elite Pellet Grill and Smokers
Traeger Grills TFS60LZC Select Elite Pellet Grill and Smoker is a professional level pellet smoker available for you to buy. If you are a professional who is engaged with pellet smoking, you should go ahead with a product like this. That’s because it can help you to get the job done without restricting about anything.
You can discover a decent cooking space inside the Traeger Grills TFS60LZC Select Elite Pellet Grill and Smoke, which is around 500 square inches. You can easily move around what you are cooking within this space. Moreover, it has got a storage cabinet under the grill as well.Check Price
Camp Chef SmokePro LUX
If you are a complete beginner to pellet smoking, you should purchase an appropriate pellet smoker. In fact, the pellet smoker you buy should be able to complement the very first few experiences that you are going through. That’s where Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill would come into play. This product offers a decent set of features at an affordable price tag as well.
One of the best features that you can find in Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill is that it has got an automatic starter. In addition to that, you can get dual LED temperature readouts as well. Hence, the users will be able to monitor the temperature of food that you are grilling as well as the temperature of the grill.Check Price
Cookshack PG500 Fast Eddy’s
Cookshack PG500 Fast Eddy’s Pellet Grill is another great product available to complement the bigger family gatherings. You will be able to pellet smoke a considerable amount of food within this smoker. The best thing about this smoker is that it comes to you with a 100% stainless steel construction. You can get a durable design out of it.
Inside Cookshack PG500 Fast Eddy’s Pellet Grill, you will notice that there is a decent cooking space, which is around 800 square inches. Therefore, you will be able to find enough space to get some of the most in-demand jobs completed. In order to make the life easy for people who operate this smoker, it comes with an automated ignitor as well.
Traeger Grills Junior Elite Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
- Perfect size for at-home cooking, camping, and tailgating.
- 300 square inches of portable grilling space that can accommodate up to 12 burgers, 2 chickens, or 3 racks of ribs.
- The EZ-fold legs make it portable while the wheels allow you to move it around once the legs are locked in place.
Pellet smokers are in a position to deliver a perfect food smoking experience for the people inneed. In fact, they come along with an electronically controlled thermostat. Therefore, you will be able to smoke food while retaining a constant temperature. You will need to use wood pellets in order to get the smoking experience. Many different types of wood pellets are available for you to consider in here. It is up to you to go through those different options and pick the best wood type based on your requirements. Then you can experience all the outstanding features offered by it.
There are some important features, which you need to look out for at the time of buying a pellet smoker. Here are some of the most important features out of them. If you can be mindful about these features, you will be going forward with the best possible purchase that you can ever make.
It is better if the pellet smoker that you buy comes along with a thermostat. It will help you to retain the temperature inside the pellet smoker at a constant level. When you are maintaining the temperature at a constant level, you will be able to make sure that your food is evenly cooked. Therefore, you can get a perfect overall experience out of it.
Pellet feeding mechanism
Since you are purchasing a pellet smoker, you need to take a look at the pellet feeding mechanism of the product as well. You need to make sure that you don’t have to go through any pain or difficulties to feed pellet into the product. You should have the ability to do it with minimum hassle or frustration. This can make the life easy for you while using the product.
It is also better if you can be mindful about the size of the pellet smoker that you are buying. Then you will be able to take it along with you while you are traveling with ease. The size will be directly proportional to the cooking space you get.
How to Use Pellet Grills Perfectly?
You would be wondering how to use these pellet grills for the best usage. Since the pallet grills now come with advanced settings, using them is quite easy as well. Following these below steps will let you know on how to use the pellet grills:
- At first, you need to fuel the pellet with cylindrical food grade wood supplies that will act as the basic heat provider. This is the main step in setting up the pellet grill.
- Make sure that each wood piece that you use must be at least an inch long and 1/4th of an inch wide. All of these must be composed with hardwood sawdust.
- Add some vegetable oil to the grill for cooking purposes.
- These pellet grill runs on electricity and you need to plug in the grill and adjust the digital controller.
- The pellets are then ignited by heat and glows red till several minutes.
- You can then choose to grill and smoke up chicken or any other vegetables that you want to eat.
- There are some additional settings that you might consider doing if you want something different from the pellet grill.
These are the easiest steps you can follow in order to use the pellet grill.