Generic 1000 watt LED Grow Light is a versatile light emitting diode suitable for use in green house and indoors farming. It comes in a simple yet brilliant designed red casing. Unlike most other grow lights, it has blue LEDs that promote vegetative growth while the red LEDs help during the flowering stage.
It has a lifespan that extends well over seven years depending on the frequency of use. It saves 75 per cent of energy used on HID lighting. It’s easy to install and thanks to its high versatility quotient, can be used in a variety of places and at different levels of plant development.
While natural sunlight and soil are necessary for growing plants outdoors, LED grow lights make it possible to grow plants all year round using hydroponics technology. It is thus possible to grow several crops without soils support or sunlight for photosynthesis.
Plants can be grown all year round independent of existing environmental condition. This makes this model a fitting technology in the exhibition, for institutional research, as well as lighting in horticulture farming centres and greenhouses.
- Casing color: Red
- Dimensions: 445x445x80mm.
- Light Spectrum: 400-525(110v), and 610-720(220v).
- Diode type: Infrared
- Voltage: 85-265V (AC).
- Power: 1000w.
- Working temperature: -20 to 20 degrees Celsius.
- Recommended light time: 10hours to 16hours.
Lets have a closer look at merits and limitations.
- It comes with a steel hanging kit and a power cord.
- Has an LED output power of 324*3W, but consumes only 538-564W of energy, thus providing for greater efficiency than many of its competitors.
- It saves on energy costs since 18 hours is the maximum lighting duration at the vegetative stage and 12 hours in flower stage.
- The plug that is included in the kit is customized for the country where it is being shipped to.
- Presence of infrared diodes which ensure that the needs of plants in the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum are met adequately. Since these are real infrared diodes, they may appear to eclipse the color LEDs when seen without special eye gear, but this should not confuse the grower into wondering whether the LED color lights are working or not.
- Its lifespan extends to between 50 000 and 100,000 hours making it suitable for use all year round over several years at a stretch,
- It is easy to install and has a user friendly design. Furthermore, it is compact enough to be used in tandem with other types of LED grow lights, or with other units of the same product. This improves the flexibility of the entire configuration.
- It can be used across several platforms such aquariums, horticulture beds etc.
- It has a low heat output.
- It can’t be used outdoors.
- There is a limitation on color since it only produces the red part of the photosynthetic spectrum, which is useful for the flowering period only.
- Its shipping is only limited to specific regions mostly in East Asia, Europe, North America and South
- Its pricing is relatively high for small scale users.
Generic 1000 Watt LED Grow Light is an excellent piece of equipment for growing plants indoors all year round. And while it has some limitations such as higher prices, the benefits derived outweigh these limitations by far.
Its efficiency in power consumption, prolonged lifespan, easy installation procedure and versatility in use makes it a great value for money proposition.